don't postpone joy

Friday, June 09, 2006

onward christian soldiers??

I came across this journalist's blog today. http://onthescene.msnbc.com/baghdad/2006/06/uncontainable_e.html#posts I found the reporting fantastic, but many of the comments disheartening. People are elated that a man has been murdered. Albiet a man who has ordered the same of countless others, and helped hold thousands in terror...I just don't see how the killing of anyone is cause for celebration. All this hatred does, is beget more hatred.
I almost said I'm unsure of the answer, but I am not. The people on this planet have drained their own power by making it their goal to achieve it. Do you get that? By forgetting that we all come from the same source, and that we are really one, we cut off our global nose, to spite our face. We are collectively insane; for centuries doing the same thing, using the same tactics, getting the same results...waiting for other results to emerge.

I miss John Lennon, and I never even got to meet him~

All I am saying, is give peace a chance....

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...I hope someday you'll join us, and the world
will live as one.

4 Comments:

At 09 June, 2006 11:43, Blogger Unknown said...

People will rejoice over the dumbest things..

I now have that song in my head but I like it..thanks kiddo :)

 
At 09 June, 2006 11:59, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said Daisy! We may never get to meet John Lennon but his words will last with many of us for a looooong time! :)

 
At 09 June, 2006 13:29, Blogger Kurt said...

this morning i was listening to NPR on the way to work and i heard someone say they enjoyed learning about the differences in people from different places. It was a story about Soccer's World Cup, and discusses using soccer to break down barriers.
But for me, I was a little offended. For I love to see the similarities in people from everywhere, not the differences. Isn't that what we should emphasize?
and hey, why was I not surprised to hear Dusty telling us that you were somewhere in the world helping others? ;-)

 
At 10 June, 2006 19:04, Blogger Mistify said...

glad to see you post again

 

Post a Comment

<< Home